Thursday, April 19, 2012

Celebration Time

We are DONE, we are DONE, we are DONE with the basement!!  We are finishing up the last final details like blinds, doorknobs, shelves, etc. so I PROMISE I will post pictures at the beginning of next week so you can all see what has been keeping us busy for the last many, many months. 


I will, however, share with you this picture of Kimberly's bedroom with the color of paint she chose.  We let her choose whatever color she wanted, and this is the one she came up with.  I think it's safe to say that after 12 years of living in a bright pink bedroom, she was ready for something a lot different.


In addition to celebrating the finished basement, we celebrated Natalie's 5th birthday.  She knows all of her letters and most of her numbers.  She is more than ready to finish up with preschool and move on to kindergarten, constantly asking when she can go to the school with her older sisters.  Patience my child, patience.  

 We enjoyed swimming at the local watering hole as a family, but obviously, I didn't get any pictures, so you'll have to enjoy her cake picture. 


On a completely unrelated note, while I was doing the dishes this morning, I found Megan doing this in the bathroom sink:



 
What the picture doesn't show is the massive pile of water there is on the counter and floor because she turned the faucet head towards the mirror and kept turning the water on and off.  I really should have clued in as I heard the water sounds and happy singing.  

She wasn't very happy when I pulled her out and changed her out of the sopping wet clothes.


1 comment:

JRim said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to have a tour.